The majority of people have “innies,” the very scientific term for belly buttons that dip inward. Protruding “outies” can be found on approximately 10 percent of the population. They’re about as common as left-handedness. twentytwowords.comИзображение:twentytwowords.comHow Common is an Outie Belly Button? According to a North Carolina University survey, only 4 percent of participants reported having an outie belly button. Bottom line: Outie belly buttons are much less common than innies. Innie belly buttons are much more common than outies. But most of the time, outie formation is simply luck of the draw. A few exceptions exist, though. Babies with certain medical conditions that affect the belly button are more likely to have outies.The navel, belly button, or umbilicus is formed when the umbilical cord of the baby is cut and clamped immediately after his birth. This cord dries and falls within a few days and a navel forms in that place. Babies can have an innie or outie belly button. While a majority of babies have an innie, 10-20% have an outie umbilicus. What are the different types of belly buttons? Protruding (outie). An estimated 10 percent of the population has an outie belly button with the remainder having an.Deep hollow. A deep hollow belly button will typically appear if there’s a shadow underneath the belly button’s top fold.Vertical (typically narrow). Some doctors call a vertical belly button a “split”.More .
Is having an outie belly button normal?
How a baby’s umbilical cord is clamped or cut has nothing to do with baby ending up with an outie. An outie is normal and not usually a medical concern, only a cosmetic one for some. For some infants, the cause of an outie belly button may be an umbilical hernia or granuloma.
What causes an outie belly button?
Outies usually occur when more of the umbilical cord is left when it’s cut, leading to more skin left over once it dries out. In some rare cases, outies are caused by a condition known as an umbilical hernia.
How rare is an innie outie belly button?
Most of us have innie belly buttons, with only about 10 percent outies. A few of us may have something in between, or even a little of both! Here are some more fun facts about our belly buttons.
What percentage of Americans have an outie belly button?
Up to 90 percent of the general population has an “innie,” which leaves the other 10 percent with an outie belly button. Although some would have you believe that an outie is the result of the way the umbilical cord was cut, this just isn’t true.
Are innie belly buttons more common than Outies?
Innie belly buttons are much more common than outies. But most of the time, outie formation is simply luck of the draw. A few exceptions exist, though. Babies with certain medical conditions that affect the belly button are more likely to have outies.
Do all babies have an outie belly button?
While a majority of babies have an innie, 10-20% have an outie umbilicus. MomJunction tells you how an outie is caused, if it is normal, and what needs to be done to take care of the belly button. What Is An Outie Belly Button?
Are there different types of belly buttons?
While a belly button isn’t quite as unique as your fingerprint, there are still lots of types out there. The first distinction is usually if the belly button is an innie or outie. Innie belly buttons are like a little dent in your stomach. Outie belly buttons look like a little knot is sticking out.
What causes an outie belly button?
Outies are usually caused due to two reasons: A common reason for an outie belly button is an umbilical hernia (1). A granulation tissue is formed at the umbilicus resulting in excess loose skin at the region.