In this article you will learn
You are now in your third pregnancy – Trimester arrived, have you decided on a maternity clinic or birth center and have you prepared everything so far? Great, then you can pack your hospital bag about four weeks before the due date. Very few babies actually stick to their due date. 😊
But what all has to go in there? What makes sense and what is necessary?
In the following I will make a list that is very extensive and detailed. Of course, you don't have to tick off all the points. Every woman has different preferences. One has no head for music at all, the other absolutely has to hear her baby playlist. Here is your checklist for the best hospital bag.
Hospital bag: For mom
In this point I summarize all the items that the expectant mother needs in the hospital or birth center and should therefore find their way into the hospital bag.
Some new mothers give birth to their child on an outpatient basis and go on the same day home. Normally you stay in the hospital for another one or two nights.
For this you need:
- 1-2 loose shirts, long shirts
- Warm socks
- Bathrobe, sweatshirt jacket
- Hair band, hair tie
- Camera, mobile phone, charger
- Glucose, snacks, favorite drink (delivery services also deliver to the delivery room)
- Possibly favorite bath additive
- Personal things (lucky charms , Labello, make-up)
- 2-4 wide nightgowns (to button because of breastfeeding)
- 1-2 nursing bras + nursing pads
- Comfortable underpants (big, because of the pads)
- possibly a nursing pillow
- towels + washcloths
- Toiletries/baths (toothbrush etc.)
- Comfortable clothes
- Books, magazines, laptop
- Some money
- Pads for the way home
Fit & Happy in your pregnancy!
Start your free trial week now
Hospital bag: For dad (or companion)
Of course, there are also a few useful things for the expectant dad or the companion who supports you during the birth, which should also find their way into the hospital bag.
- Comfortable clothing
- A change of underwear
- Toiletries (toothbrush etc.)
- Mobile phone
- Some money
Hospital bag: For the baby
Basically, there are diapers, towels, wet wipes and clothes (on loan) for the newborn baby in the hospital. Nevertheless, of course you want to dress the baby with the extra bought things. It also always depends on what time of year the baby is born. That's why we recommend packing a few important things for the baby in the hospital bag.
- A couple of diapers
- 2 bodysuits (size 50/56)
- A onesie
- A hat and socks
- Someone should bring the car seat or the pram for you when you leave.
By the way, here you will find a checklist for your baby's initial equipment.
These documents should not be missing in your hospital bag.
- < li>Maternity pass
- ID card
- Recommendation from the gynecologist
- Insurance card
- Medical documents
If the clinic takes over the registration at the registry office:
- Family register/marriage certificate (if you are married)
- Otherwise birth certificates
- Acknowledgment of paternity